Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, August 22, 2009

Info Post
As I update this first Zombie Logic blog entry I realize few things in life have brought me more enduring happiness than this logo that Jenny Mathews created for our literary press. I had wanted a logo since I started Zombie Logic in 1997 (I actually started it when I was 18 in 1987), but it wasn't until 1997 when I published the first book, Detached Retinas. 


I bought the web domain for Zombie Logic and Zombie Logic Press in 1997 when I published the first book

Detached Retinas. I did the cover art if that gives you any idea of how grateful I am to work with a top shelf artist like Jenny.
I spent most of the late 90's and 2000's in a nomadic fashion, often losing whatever momentum I would build up, on occasion finding myself homeless. I lost everything multiple times, including a small press library I has accumulated over the years that included chap books and small press zines I had been published in with other poets I admire like Charles Bukowski, Ron Androla, Kurt Nimmo, Tood Moore, Gerald Locklin etc. There's no way I'll ever be able to recover those one of a kind possessions, but I learned during those times to not become too attached to things. 

But one thing I did lose that I can't get over is the domain name Zombie Logic. By the time I had settled myself anywhere that seemed stable someone had purchased the domain name and never has let it lapse. I even went as far as to offer them a generous sum for a domain that isn't all that interesting, but never received an answer. 

But what I do have is the knowledge that I coined the term "zombie logic" and all these years later have four books in publication, a website, and this damn fine logo. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment