Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, March 28, 2010

Info Post
Yesterday (Saturday) I got something I have been looking for for ages – a dress form. And a 1960s one, still in its original box, no less. I am rather pleased with this; I don't come across them very often, and when I do they are never my size. But this was meant to be. It has my measurements exactly. And the timing is perfect. I have some sewing projects I want to crack on with, and, having got some expert advice, I can now do them with a little help from – it? – she! – well, my dress form needs a name. Enid? Ethel? Maud? When I know, I'll tell you :)

Photobucket

Actually today I am wearing a dress that needs a bit of altering, though truth be told I won't need hmm-hmm's (insert name here) help for this. It has two extra straps on the front and, having worn the dress for the day, I am now sure I won't keep them on here. Snip snip...

red and white stripy dress, dark red bow heels thrifted
white ankle socks two dollar shop. Best ankle socks ever. Srsly. Srsly!
vintage dress form

0 comments:

Post a Comment