Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, April 15, 2010

Info Post
Photobucket

Well, I must admit, I have been feeling a little – what's the word, different? left of (my) centre? with things this week. I have rather enjoyed it; it's kind of like a little style holiday. I love, and always will, the vintage and vintage inspired styles – and stylings – that I usually wear. And then sometimes, perhaps because of the change of season, I kind of revisit some favourites of mine from a few years ago, which then, in turn, are definitely inspired by things I see out in bloggy land, and out come the long socks, the straight hair, the later vintage – well, the retro! – styles... it's a bit like kicking of my heels and wiggling my toes in the sand. It feels wonderful, but I will be back in my familiar self tomorrow.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So, in an I'm-making-the-most-of-it-while-it-lasts way, here is one of my new dresses from last week. I have shortened it (temporarily) and, as it is so short, I thought keeping it loose and shapeless (ugh, so negative sounding, but so true) would be the best way to go. After a day's wear, I am going to take it in and give it shape after all (the shapeless tent thing is just a step to far away from home for this little wanderer!) and I'll take in the shoulders, too. I think the late '60s silhouette will be fun, but it has to be just right... so for this dress there will be a part two :)


Photobucket

Photobucket
ps. I am having some problems with my comment moderating; one or two have been eaten! Please don't think I am choosing not to publish your comments, it's just blogger is apparently a bit hungry at the moment. Fingers crossed it's just a temporary glitch :)

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment