Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, July 26, 2010

Info Post
Photobucket

A few months ago, I posted about the foundation I wear in summer. Winter needs a different approach. I really like a foundation in a compact, with it's own sponge, so I can carry it about with me. (I don't actually bring it anywhere with me, but hey, I like to be prepared!). I also love fancy packaging!

Photobucket

As I mentioned back in that post, I have quite pale skin, and finding a good shade is really hard. So, when I saw this one, I was pretty chuffed: a good shade! the great packaging! It seemed like it was going to be a match made in heaven. Unfortunately, the texture is not ideal. It could just be my winter-lashed skin (which is pretty sniffles-ravaged too, right now, alas), but I have noticed this with other pale foundations; they go on kind of cakey, and don't stay smooth. Yuck. But the darker ones? Oh, they go on smooth and lovely, but... well, they make my face orange. Rock and a hard place?

Photobucket

Still, the packaging is pretty super cute. They've also got the shade right – almost no other make up companies do – but now the texture needs some work!

Photobucket

As this one here is running out, I went and got some new make up today. (And got told I have a "difficult" skin tone, though they said it in the nicest way... honestly, I'm not actually all that pale. And what about red heads?! What do you red heads use?) I haven't tried it on my face yet, but I am pretty excited – so far, everything looks promising... I will let you know when I know!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment