Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, October 28, 2010

Info Post
flower lace b sml

flower lace a sml

Well, I am purrreeeety sure I don't need to bore you with tales of my internet woe... so we'll ignore that and get on with the important things. Spring here is really up and down; rather than lots of warm, lovely days, one after the other, we get a beautiful warm day and then a really cold, rainy one the next. Or, my favourite – a freeeeezing cold morning, a warmish midday and a hot afternoon! It really does make getting dressed surprisingly hard. ;) There are two mantras when it comes to fashion in Melbourne: it's all about wearing black (yawn), and, the one I hear/read the most: layer layer layer! It's fine in theory, but really, carting jackets and cardigans about later in the day isn't exactly practical! And what does one do with tights? Hmm? I clearly need to work on my desert climate dressing :)

flower lace e sml

flower lace d sml

Anyway... enough rambling. These pictures are from Wednesday. It was pretty cold to begin with, and I recently got this angora and lambswool (and, let's be honest, acrylic) mix sweater with the lace collar and, although it has Fall (and our mild Melbournian winters!) all over it, I couldn't wait to wear it. I started out pairing it with denim shorts, and maroon tights, and my black and cream shoe booties because it looked like it was going to rain. But the sun came out, it got warmer and warmer... and the tights were ditched (erm, I was at home to do this) and sandals replaced the boots... I don't have pictures of this as I have been painting my room and everything is everywhere, so I can't fit ;) You can see the masking taped skirting boards in one of the pictures there... So, a very Fall outfit in general. I did finally make a flower headband though; I've been meaning to make one for ages and finally, here we are. It is the spring half of these pics!

flower lace c sml

flower lace f sml

There are some things I want to ask you, but this post is already very long, so it'll have to wait! xxx

flower lace g sml

0 comments:

Post a Comment