Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, October 22, 2010

Info Post


I’ve been on a rollercoaster of emotions in the last few hours. Why do I have to be so involved in someone else’s life and  career? Mine are already so full of tasks and goals and troubles! Then, Lucas North is only a fictional character! But I felt sorry for Richard Armitage. He asked for a spectacular, unforgettable exit from Spooks! That's not fair ...  I can’t be cold and  detached. Not a bit.

 Yesterday  ( reading THIS )  I was like : “Gosh! I had got it right! I so wanted to be wrong… but, no, that’s what is going to happen. However, there is still some hope, maybe I am wrong. In Spooks nothing is actually what it seems. Let’s wait on, it can’tbe so foreseeable… but this BBC plot leaves no space for hope. He will leave. No series 10 for Richard! But , please, don’ let him go as a traitor. I ‘d love Lucas to leave the show with a chance for redemption. Not as a vile traitor, I beg you”.

Then today I got the good news and I feel almost… in  bliss. RA won’t be on set for Spooks 10 in February because at that time he will be on an international set for Warner Bros.  I’m so happy for Richard! I’m so sure he is very proud and gratified of being one of the main characters in this great production for the big screen . It is the adaptation of one of his  favourite books as a boy, THE HOBBIT by Tolkien. He will  play Thorin Oakenshield,   leader of the Company of Dwarves which sets off to reclaim the Lonely Mountain from a thieving dragon.  The first of 2 instalments will be released in December 2012. 

To be honest,  I ‘m  glad for him but not for me. I don’t like this kind of movies or books at all. But  since I've started, I’ll go on widening my horizons, don’t worry! After reading and watching stuff like STRIKE BACK, nobody will stop me!

Of Richard Armitage  Peter Jackson (director of the previous adaptations of Tolkien's cult novels) says : 

"Richard is one of the most exciting and dynamic actors working on screen today and we know he is going to make an amazing Thorin Oakenshield. We cannot wait to start this adventure with him and feel very lucky that one of the most beloved characters in Middle Earth is in such good hands." To discover the names of the other dwarves read THIS ARTICLE on line.

Wow! I ‘m so happy. Richard deserved more and here we go! I’m just puzzled by a fact … how can our gorgeous giant be turned into the leader of the Dwarves? LOL ! Funny,  indeed.
Well. this means I’ll have to start reading Tolkien. My sons and students have always asked me … why don’t you … ? Because I was waiting for such an occasion: Richard Armitage in a film based on one of Tolkien’s novels. It’ll be a hard task, I’m sure. This is so NOT my cup of tea! My students will be happy, though … and my sons will tease me. Gosh!  They’ve already started. They don’t know about The Hobbit yet. But husband and sons have bet I’ll go to the cinema to see Captain America. I told them I won’t. But they are sure they’ll win the bet.  O my goodness! How do they know me so well?
Let’s stop here. I’m so happy today,  I do not want to spoil my mood with their jokes.


Now back to  Spooks 9.  Episode 0905 was great, wasn’t it? I liked it , at least I enjoyed it much more than episode 4. It was awesome, brilliant, perfect till the last awful minute. How can  such a self- controlled, smart man change so much and become silly, boysh  and nonsensical when Maya is around? Do they want to tell us he is so much in love he gets to tototally  lose control? I’m sorry, it doesn’t work. Unbelievable and exaggerated. I’m romantic and I believe love can do magic  but … this just doesn’t work, thank you.
I wasn’t surprised by that final scene. Having read one of Laila Rouass’s interviews with hints to her being the partner of two handsome actors in Spooks 9, it was too easy to guess. I know,  I should avoid spoilers. But I’ve already explained I don ‘t mind spoilers at all.
This is also why yesterday I read the plot of 0908, that is this series final episode. And the result was ... I was rather sad last night, as I wrote at the beginning of this post. 

The circle is closed. My RA Friday post ends here.
Happy weekend to you all. Till next Friday. MG

0 comments:

Post a Comment