Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, November 13, 2010

Info Post
f pink floral l

These pictures are from a few days ago, on a work day that also involved a very early start and a fair bit of walking. We have had some warm, lovely and very spring like weather lately, and this particular morning was very warm and very windy. I took this pictures quickly, before work. For such a casual day I matched my yellow flat sandals (a one inch wedge heel is flat, yes? Oh, yes!) to the little yellow details in the beautiful print of the dress. It was, in fact, the colours and print of the dress that first attracted me to it – I love this shade of pink, and the soft floral print, with whites, yellows, inky purple-blacks and tiny bits of jade green. I actually thought it was a modern dress at first – or modern-ish, anyway, as in 1970s; I wasn't familiar with the fabric, which is a lightweight, very textured nylon. But now I know – it is a late forties dress, and it is complete with its original belt, too. I love my dresses based on their merits and not just their age, of course, but I must admit, I am always very pleased to find beauties that are vintage proper!

f pink floral i

f pink floral d

I look forward to wearing this dress a lot this spring and summer (although maybe not on the very hot days; light and airy as it is, summer here demands the lightest cottons and silks, and, ideally, indoor nakedness with the air con) and to wearing it a little more dressed up, too – with platform heels (black, ivory and pale pink will all work, and oh, you know, I might just have some somewhere, hehe) and maybe, just maybe, set hair! xxx

f pink floral k

1940s dress
op shopped yellow sandals


ps I think I should explain my somewhat defensive posing here; a wasp fell in love with me, and then moved on to my camera, while I was taking the pics, and buzzed about us the entire time; perhaps it felt its yellow was toning with everything quite nicely?

f pink floral h

0 comments:

Post a Comment