Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Info Post
These are the amazing pictures from the 'Ice Man' - a frosty photographer who is prepared to go to strange lengths to capture the perfect picture. Eric Guth is the real life Jack Frost spending days hiding out in some of the world's most spectacular glacier caves. The 30-year-old regularly camps for days inside the eerie glaciers which can reach incredible temperatures sometimes as low as 20 degrees below freezing.

His adventures to find the perfect icy picture have taken him all over the world - from Patagonia in South America to Iceland in the North Atlantic. As these amazing pictures show his trips are well worth it as he captures the dramatic beauty of these hidden low temperature landscapes.

Eric, from Portland, USA, said 'I have been enthralled with ice for as long as I can remember so I can't imagine doing anything else.' 'My mum was a photographer and when she passed her camera down to me, taking pictures of glaciers just seemed like the natural thing to do.' 'I have been known to camp out for anything up to four or five days.'

'Some of the caves are minute and I can cover the whole thing in an hour or so but some take days to explore and I like to cover every nook and cranny.' 'The long camping trips can be pretty strong and it's definitely a change from the sun I am used to at home but I love it.'

'I've made it my mission to track down the most spectacular glaciers in the world and while I have seen dozens already the sight always takes my breath away'.

0 comments:

Post a Comment