Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, May 9, 2011

Info Post



Dallas Wiens, the first person in the United States to undergo a full face transplant, has came into view publicly for the first time.

The construction worker suffered horrific burns in an accident in the United States more than two years ago, which left him blind and with no a nose or lips.

He underwent a 15-hour procedure in March, in which a team of 30 doctors at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, transplanted an whole new face from an nameless donor.

Mr Wiens, 26, wearing dark sunglasses, said: "To me the face feels natural, as it if has turn out to be my own. I can never express what has been done, what I have been given.

"The ability to breathe through my nose normally, that in itself was a major gift."
He said his three-year-old daughter Scarlett liked his new face, adding: "She actually said 'Daddy, you're so handsome'."

0 comments:

Post a Comment