Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Info Post
yelgre

After last Wednesday's beautiful summer-like warmth, Melbourne has now been whacked with an Antarctic Blast of icy coldness. It has kicked in fairly slowly though, and this is me from Saturday (which was really windy) just before sunset, layered up with a jumper but not actually needing a coat. It's got much colder since then, and I am writing this wearing 4 layers, including a thermal and two pure wools... and I'm indoors! I actually have the lergie, too, but I should be better in a day or so. In the meantime I am now well enough to play with my new blue eyeshadow quad, and see if I can do something that won't make anyone call out "Paaaaaaat..."!

yelgre b

vintage jaeger silk scarf (in hair), black silk dress, belt (from a pair of trousers) thrifted
yellow silk georgette million button bow blouse sportsgirl, years (5?) ago
green wool-y (well, acrylic-y, alas) vest // dotti, 4 or 5 years ago (I am starting to feel wise, hoardy and old!)
platform sandals sportsgirl, nearly 3 years ago

This silk Laura Ashley dress was originally a really unflattering just-shy-of-my-ankle-bone length, but I re-hemmed it just a little bit shorter than I meant to. I have plenty of fabric in that hem, though, so I will let it down a couple of inches when I can face hand stitching a full circle skirt!

yelgre a

yelgre e

This look (oh, God, I swear I don't talk like this in real life) was inspired by the Lena Hoschek AW pics I posted recently. I found a black circle character skirt a la Lena H on Saturday, and once I have moved the hooks to make the waist smaller I will show you. Now, moving a couple of hooks, there's a sewing job I am up to right now... :)

yelgre i

0 comments:

Post a Comment