Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Info Post
bikrid k

One of the things I look forward to doing in winter is riding my bike more often. That may sound backward to anyone not from Melbourne (or anywhere in Australia) but summer is often just too hot for bike riding. But then, when we get to winter, I decide that I am far too comfortable on the couch to leave the warmth of the house. If I do want to go somewhere, the car seems like the better – the wiser, the safer, the warmer – option. So last weekend we decided to break this bad, bad habit, rug up and get out on our bikes.

And so, of course, the weather decided to be pretty mild and sunny. It made for easier riding (ha) but it didn't exactly give us the winter, uh, invigoration? we were aiming for! But, hey, I can live with that...

bikrid i

It wasn't a freezing miserable day (like so many of Melbourne's winter ones) but was still on the chilly side; I was reminded on a night time bike ride a few weeks ago that peep toes make for cold toes on the bike! Ankle socks must go on top of tights.

bikrid t

We are really lucky, we can ride on bike tracks just 5 minutes from home that look like this.

bikrid l

bikrid f

We had lots of bright sunshine...

bikrid g

... but there were a few cloudy moments too. Yep, helmets are da law. They were worn.

bikrid h

But everyone knows that bikes and riding seem so much nicer without them.

bikrid e

It was cold enough to make me grateful for my socks.

bikrid u

The vintage fur collar was nice, too.

bikrid d

And for the first time ever, my bike basket had flowers woven in to it! Purty.

bikrid b

All that bike riding (flower picking) demands rest.

bikrid n

Then it was time for coffee.

bikrid q

I wore my brooch.

bikrid r

And we needed something to eat, too. Chicken pide, nom nom nom.

bikrid m

Rocket leaves, nom nom nom.

bikrid o

We could admire our bikes from where we sat.

bikrid p

And admire other bikes, too.

bikrid a

And I did ride in heels, which is fine – but if you go in mud, this will happen. Don't say I didn't warn you..!

And then we went to the laundrette, but more on that soon. x

bikrid s

0 comments:

Post a Comment