Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, August 14, 2011

Info Post
by Clare Langley-Hawthorne



As I am still virtually 'in communicado' after my father's knee replacement surgery (still on 'duty' helping my folks out before I fly back to Australia tomorrow), I haven't got any meaty blog post for today. I do, however, have a question about publicity in the new 'digital age' of publishing. I was musing over it just this morning, wondering whether the traditional 'publicist' is, in many ways, redundant for authors now. With the ever increasing use of online and social media for book publicity, I have to wonder how much value an independent publicist can offer these days.



So what do you think? Would you bother to hire a publicist if you had a book coming out now and, if so, what would you expect them to do for you?



PS: Thank you all for your good wishes. My Dad is doing great!

0 comments:

Post a Comment