Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, September 18, 2011

Info Post
wednesday face f


This is from last Wednesday, when me and Joyce went to the Mad Men exhibition at Chadstone. I am wearing a vintage blouse, a sparkly cardigan and a winter dress that I finally got round to altering… just in time for spring. Hmm. The black bow, from Asos, made this outfit, which I like to think of as 1940's-boarding-school-girl-runs-away-to-the-400-club. In fact, I think I want to come up with absurd names for outfits more often!

But the black bows press studs don't work too well, so by lunchtime it had to live in my handbag. I guess that's Asos for you. It's an easy fix, but I would prefer it if the things I buy new actually worked. Too much to ask for? Perhaps. Anyway, without the bow the outfit lost its panache. The bow itself is pretty good though, and I like the little beads on the ends.

So, just what did I need to do to this dress? If we get a day cold enough for me to wear it I can tell you… and actually show you this dress, too. It's a great dress, and would look even better if I had red hair!

This is before the bow fail. Here I am getting ready, with the assistance/disinterest (I think we know which one is applicable here) of Babycat. Don't you love how cats love to help us out? Please forgive the old photos in the mirror trick; sometimes it is such a faff to set up a tripod when you are in a hurry. Of course, the payback from the photo gods is that you can't pick up details, like the front roll in your hair. Well played, photo gods! But picking up details in black hair is pretty damn hard at the best of times. Oh how I wish I could go red..!

wednesday face e

wednesday face c

wednesday face b

wednesday face h

wednesday face i

0 comments:

Post a Comment