Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Info Post
purple dress b

On Monday me and my loved one had a day off. We went for a really nice breakfast at Cafe Rosamond in Collingwood (actually, isn't that bit Fitzroy?), saw some farmyard animals (o hai, sheep working the neon trend) and then went vintage shopping on Smith Street. I saw a great 1940's crepe dress, but it wasn't my size – who says all vintage is small?! Rubbish! – so it didn't come home with me. We then watched old films back at home. A pretty nice relaxing day in Melbourne, then.

I thought I was over flower head bands (hair bands?) but no. I want more! With spring here, they seem just right. I made this one on Sunday, and want to make a dark red one next. And maybe a grey one, too...

The dress is late '70's/early '80's and from an opshop, as is the belt; the socks are... topshop? and the shoes are the same shoes I have worn a million times before and I'm still not sick of them.

In fact, I've rather made a point recently, with myself, when it comes to shoes. I've only really been wearing two pairs, with occasional swaps with one or two other pairs. And I have more than four pairs of shoes. I love shoes! I had wanted to buy less pairs, but nicer quality ones (hello, See by Chloe) because I don't really need so many to chose from. I thought I'd miss the variety but I don't think I have... that said, I saw two pairs I want in the shops, and have a third pair on the way from the US. I'm not on a super-strict shoe diet just yet!

purple dress f

purple dress c

purple dress h

purple dress a

purple dress e

purple dress g

purple dress d

0 comments:

Post a Comment