Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, October 29, 2011

Info Post
This is the sixteenth entry in a series in which I'll countdown my 20 favorite scenes from the last 10 years in movies. To catch up more with the idea of this project, to see the other entries on the countdown, and to find out how you can contribute, click here.

I ♥ Wes Anderson. I ♥ ♥ The Royal Tenenbamus. And this scene, from what's probably Anderson's most acclaimed movie, is one that I think perfectly sums up the director's oeuvre.



The moment comes as the Tenenbaum family is coming apart at the seams. Richie is beginning to realize his love for adopted sister Margot will always be unrequited. So he decides to kill himself. It's a bleak and very emotional moment, and it's told in such "Anderson-ian" fashion. I wish there was another word to describe it, but if there is it's escaping me.

Three scenes tomorrow: two from 2007 and the one and only Pixar entry on the countdown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment