Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, October 29, 2011

Info Post
This is the fifteenth entry in a series in which I'll countdown my 20 favorite scenes from the last 10 years in movies. To catch up more with the idea of this project, to see the other entries on the countdown, and to find out how you can contribute, click here.

I probably should have included Jonathan Demme's Rachel Getting Married on my list of films I talk about too much and should leave out of this countdown. Alas, I couldn't do this list and not talk about Anne Hathaway's Kym in some way or another. As far as I'm concerned she's one of the last decades most interesting and memorable characters, and these brutal few minutes should show you just why that is.



Someone needs to just shake that poor girl. This toast is so awkward, and as with most things, Kym figures out how to turn someone else's joyous moment into her own parade of self-loathing. That said, there's a little part of her, I think, who is just trying to be funny. She does love her sister, and I think deep down she wants her to have an wonderful wedding. But her natural tendency is to talk about herself and her problems, and believe it or not, prison shivs don't make the best rehearsal dinner conversation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment