Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, December 18, 2011

Info Post
awm 1938 g

Yesterday, while looking for my 1950's star hat, I found my 1930's copy of the Australian Woman's Mirror – Tuesday March 29, 1938, to be precise! I found my star hat, too, but that is something I would like to show you another time.

Today I have been sanding a room that I will start painting tomorrow. As anyone that has ever sanded knows, it's not exactly a glamorous task – not at all! – but it is necessary and I can't wait for the fun bit – the painting. I am also going to dye my hair later and then show you tomorrow. I am so, so happy with it!

Anyway, when doing exhausting, tedious work, tea breaks are absolutely a must, and so I went through my old magazine and thought I'd like to share it with you, too.

I just love these old magazines, as much for the adverts as for the articles and stories. Fashion illustration from the first half of the last century fascinates me, and I especially love the one and two colour graphic style from the 1930's to the early 1950's. Aren't these gorgeous?

Of course I love the fashions in there, too. I am going to frame that back page with the illustration of the three ladies wearing hats. I want all three styles – which one is your favourite?

awm 1938 f
awm 1938 e
awm 1938 b
awm 1938 c
awm 1938 d
awm 1938 a

0 comments:

Post a Comment