Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, December 29, 2011

Info Post
pink button dress a
late 1940's, maybe early 1950's dress
bracelet :: lovisa
floral wedges :: betts

This is one of my absolute all time favourite dresses. I got it a while ago, and I can't believe I haven't "worn it on the blog" before. Yesterday we had an afternoon to ourselves and so I quickly got these in – thanks John for taking these pics!

I would really like to make a pattern out of this dress, and make a lot more, in different colours and fabrics and so on – everything about it is so perfect, but I don't know how much longer it will last. The fabric is getting tired, and there is only so much you can do about that. Sad sad times. More sad times because I haven't a clue how to go about making a pattern from it. Something to look into, I think!

I have had some comments lately that I want to answer in posts, like the one about pale skin tones and vintage style. I think it is important. I am a bit flat out with La Familiar at the moment, but in about a week I will have a little more time to do it properly. Not too long to wait, I think, and anyway, we are all surely still eating and drinking and making merry, aren't we?! x

pink button dress b
pink button dress c
pink button dress e

0 comments:

Post a Comment