Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, January 21, 2012

Info Post
polka red blue a
shorts, blouse :: op shops
socks :: sportsgirl
shoes :: joanne mercer

As much as I love my vintage frocks, I do still love some good op shop goodies, too. These shorts were part of a shirt 'n' shorts set and I cut up the shirt to make a collar; I have it somewhere and, after "resting" it in my wardrobe for 18 months or so (I didn't have the right jumper! And now I do) will probably wear it fairly soon.

I must admit, cutting up a silk summery top seems like madness to me now, but I would only do that if it wasn't right for me as it was, and it was really ugly from memory. Let's hold onto that memory. I'm starting to wonder if it was actually awesome. No. It was not awesome.

But where was I? Right. These polka dot silk shorts are nice and swooshy and are almost, I believe, a skort, and are great for bike riding on hot days. I shortened them a little when I got them but they are still a long way from short shorts and don't reveal too much leg. I like them with this blue blouse, which is another op shop find. This blouse will get a good few wears this summer. And pale blue and red... a favourite combination!

polka red blue b

0 comments:

Post a Comment