Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, March 25, 2012

Info Post
If you don't know who Antonio Tabucchi was, read this short bio note HERE. However,  he was a free man and a great novelist. Today  he died in Lisbon, a city he loved as his second home.
I'm not going to say much about him. I'll just use his words to remember his commitment
"Democracy isn't a state of perfection," Tabucchi said. "It has to be improved, and that means constant vigilance."
And also:
Maybe I’m not happy about what’s going on in Portugal, admitted Pereira. Senhora Delgado took a sip of mineral water and said: Then do something about it.” (Pereira Declares)
Well, Antonio Tabucchi was someone who always ... did something about it,  all his life through. Italian politicians know that and I really hope they won't say a word on occasion of Tabucchi's death. They owe him  the respect of silence. 


Here is a post I dedicated to his Pereira Declares some time ago on FLY HIGH!

0 comments:

Post a Comment