Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, May 28, 2012

Info Post
summer wedges c

A little bit of what you fancy is something I absolutely agree with when it comes to clothes shopping. There are always more things that I want than I can actually have, and I am pretty sure I am not alone in this! Choosing carefully is of course the sensible plan – yes, the sequin silk vintage party dress is very pretty, but just many times will I wear that, compared with the several cotton day dresses? Yep, sometimes it's not fun, exactly, at the time, but such is life. Having nothing to wear on a day-to-day basis isn't going to be so much fun, either!

Last Spring, I decided that I definitely needed – well, really wanted and could really do with, if not exactly need, but you know what I mean – some summer shoes. I had one or five pairs that were warm weather appropriate and nice and yes, I liked them, but they weren't perfect. They weren't what I wanted to wear for the next 8 or so months. The shops were full of enormous, colourful and strappy platforms with chunky heels, my all time favourite kind of shoes. Temptation and opportunity? I'm going shopping!

As most of you know, though, I didn't go completely nuts. In the same week, I found a pair of red wedges, and a pair of floral wedges – and I bought them both. Ok, I'm not going to break any banks or retail fun times records, but I don't really like to buy all that much all the time, and this shoe-getting felt pretty damn good. I felt really pleased, too: they were both comfortable, perfect with my summer dresses, and comfortable to wear, and have lasted for the next summer too. I am also wearing my red wedges now with stocking or tights – definitely a good investment! For that tiny little retail indulgence, I have had soooo much reward. Very happy! And it was really fun to post them for you, too. I think those red wedges are my most complimented shoes – online and in real life – ever!

When I was given the chance to be sponsored to review cookies, I laughed and said yes – obviously! To be honest, I never bother with low fat or diet foods. If I want a biscuit, which I often (oh, so very often) do, I just have one. Or three. I do eat really well. I love salad and vegetables and I love cheese too; everything in moderation, including moderation!

I am actually rather surprised – pleasantly! – to report that my work cookies, Skinny Cow Ice Cream Cookies, don't taste like the low fat treats they are – 129 calories per 97% fat free cookie, with no artificial sweetener (which is one of the things that out me off low fat treats in the first place) and, the package says, not loaded with extra sugar (another thing that puts me off low fat thingies) to make up for for the lack of those delicious tasty fats. They are actually really very nice and I have found myself eating bits of them when I get home from work. They are also apparently now 15% bigger, but this is wasted on me as I eat about a third of one, feel satisfied and pop it back in the freezer for another time. It's terrible, I'm turning into my mum. Before you know it I'll be doing the same thing with chocolate bars..! I must say I'm not a fan of the packaging; I personally find the boney bovine with the measuring tape utterly (see, friends, I didn't pun there, be grateful) off putting. It's a shame, really, as they're nice biscuits. They come in chocolate, vanilla and caramel flavours. My pick is the caramel. Yum.

But, now I've enjoyed my cookies, I want you to enjoy something, too! I have a $150 Westfield Voucher up for grabs!

Just tell me your biggest, or best, indulgence, and NuffNang and Skinny Cow will pick their favourite story so YOU can go shopping for free!

This offer is open to Australian Residents only, and closes on Friday 8th June 2012. Good luck!
summer wedges esummer wedges dsummer wedges blurry summer wedges a

0 comments:

Post a Comment