Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, May 28, 2012

Info Post
instagram may12 a
Here is the month of May as seen through my phone. I love Instagram and think I need to take more pictures for it! Here's what I've been up to that I haven't shot with the "Big Camera"...

We had some absolutely beautiful Autumn days here in Melbourne. I remember this one in particular as it was an especially good day for me, but more about that another time! I have been relishing wearing mustard now I have the double header of Autumn and Being A Red Head – yes, it deserves capitals, it's a thing and it changes so much when it comes to good colours for me in clothes and makeup. I am having a ball with it!

instagram may12 b
I am very pleased to find I can still wear pink. I got a new pink pot plant, and a new grass green rug from Ikea. The plant doesn't live there any more – the middle of the floor is hardly ideal – but for a while we used plants to hold down the edges of the rug as they were still curly from being rolled up (trip count: two by me, none by John – and I'm usually so sure footed!) and it was like an indoor garden. Lovely.
instagram may12 c
I went to Fashionopolis (thank you Nuffnang!) and loved the unusual flower arrangements. The eggs on the grass were so unexpected and such a good touch! The next week I saw this beautiful basket full of flowers. Wouldn't it be nice to take that home?
instagram may12 d
That same weekend I was prepared for the rain, and had the most amazing breakfast. Possibly my best breakfast experience ever. Even better than usual!
instagram may12 e
And last weekend I bought the most amazing vintage apron from Dear Gladys in Northcote. I feel a post coming on..! I also saw these amazing Art Nouveau tiles on a shop front. Aren't they beautiful? Makes me wish I lived in an older house (more than I already do!) and could unleash my love of this kind of thing a little more than I currently can in my mid century modern home...

And that's been my May! Are you on Instagram? Come and follow me, I'm laneway_esme. I promise I'll take more pictures, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment