Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, September 28, 2012

Info Post
rain treeThis gloomy, rainy morning, I woke up to the sad news that the body of Jill Meagher had been found. For those of you not living in Australia, Jill Meagher went missing last weekend in the inner Melbourne suburb of Brunswick. A man has now been charged with her rape and murder.

Brunswick is a familiar suburb to me, and I have friends who live there, who used to live there, their friends live there. Me and my friends often go out there. This awful, heartbreaking crime feels so very close to home. Lots of you, my readers, live in Melbourne, too, and Brunswick is a home to many of you.

I know this is not the usual kind of post for this blog. I know that many of you want to turn to my blog, and other blogs, for escapism and lightheartedness and optimism, as I do. However, I feel it is very important to talk about, and acknowledge, what has happened in my hometown. My deepest sympathies are with Jill's family and friends.

Today I'll let those close to me know how much I love them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment